Free Safety Inspections
Mess Free Guarantee

Free Consumer Guide

"The 7 costly mistakes people make when hiring an electrician and how to avoid them"

Enter Your Details Below








Electrical Repair Job in Wesley Mission

On the 19th of the 11th of 2012

I completed a job for the Wesley Mission. It is a company that looks after people with special needs.  The community takes good care of Miss Heide Hitcher. She has a full time carer to look after her as she is unable to walk properly. Her problem was she needed more light when walking to her front door and the family Hitcher also wanted more light for security reasons such as when strangers exit through or near the property.

We discussed options and looked for various locations to install the light and came up with the  idea to install a sensitive light fitting in front of her house. The light fitting would pick up motions on either side of her property, especially when someone is  walking the path towards her front door.

The light we installed was  halogen floods, this is a good quality light fitting and puts on a lot of light for the energy  it uses. You have to cross a beam and the sensor trigger the light to be turned on. The lights can also be adjusted for the day and night settings such as how dark or bright the light should, how sensitive it is to motions and objects that passes through the beam and it has a timer.

Miss Hitcher was so happy with the job that she came and had a look and also her carer.  They were so happy and wrote a testimonial and gave us high ratings.  Here is there testimonial and ratings:

  • Technician, neatness and cleanliness: 5/5
  • Courtesy and professionalism:  5/5
  • Working condition and Clean up:  5/5
  • Overall satisfaction:  5/5

According to Miss Hitch, the products we installed are very helpful to her. The lights added security to  her house and made it easier for her to move around. Aside from the ratings, she added that she will highly recommend us to her friends and family if they need an electrician.

I also wrote down a safety report for this customer. Here are the things I noticed:

She was on a wheel chair which can be a potential hazard in itself but made sure we throughly checked for any electrical hazards aswell..

We found a broken socket that laid in the kitchen, somebody with wet hands may touch it or moisture in the air may cause a short circuit. We gave her the option if we can repair it straight away and she was happy for us to fix it on the spot.

 

 

This entry was posted in Customer Feedback and testimonials, Domestic Electricican, Electrical Repairs, sensor and security lighting. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.